Child Protection

The latest Working with Children Information for the 2018 season can be found in the attached document below.



In 2015 all clubs must request a WWC Number from their coaches and managers and others at the club who work or volunteer with children under 18.

The only people who don’t have to provide a WWC number to their club are those who don’t work or volunteer with children or who are exempt.


  • People under 18 years of age
  • Volunteer parent who coaches or manages their own child’s team
  • Volunteer who coaches or manages a close relative’s team  (see definition below)
  • Canteen managers, canteen workers and caterers
  • Grounds persons

“Close Relative” – A spouse or de facto partner of the person; or a child, step-child, sibling, step-sibling, parent, step-parents, grandparent, step-grandparent, aunt, uncle, niece or nephew of the person.

Exempt persons who do volunteer work with children should sign a MPD Form and provide it to their club.



STEP 1: Coaches, managers and others working or volunteering with children under 18 must provide a WWC Number to their club. 

STEP 2: Take their APP Number and Proof of Identification to the Motor Registry  (RMS)

  • At the Motor Registry the WWC Check is free for volunteers.
  • It costs $80 for paid workers.
  • After attending the Motor Registry they will receive their WWC Number by email within approx. 2 weeks.

STEP 3: They must provide their WWC Number to their club.



STEP 1: All Clubs must register as an Employer on the WWC Check website.

When registering your club, select the Child Related sector called ‘clubs and other bodies providing services for children’.  

You will also need to select a Username and Password for your club and keep it on record.  CLICK HERE – To register your club for the WWC Check  (Select the Start Here box and then the Employer Register tab)

STEP 2:  Ask all coaches, managers and others working or volunteering with children (u18) for their WWC Number.  (unless they are exempt – see above)

STEP 3: Verify their WWC Number to ensure the coaches, managers and others are cleared to work with children. To verify a WWC number CLICK HEREand select the Employer Log In and Verify tab and start verifying.

STEP 4: Keep a record of all Verification details using the Verification Record template

More Information

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) are listed on the FNSW Working with Children Check webpage

For all other information visit


Football NSW Local Associations:

NSW Commission for Children and Young People – 02 9286 7219

Child Protection Hotline – 132 111

NSW Police Assistance Line:   131 444  (non-emergencies)

NSW Police Emergencies:  Dial 000

All local enquiries regarding general complaints and member protection issues should be directed to the clubs or local association.